Translate


Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"What the President Said Was............"






                                                                                                             

Marie Harf- Future national security adviser to President Obama 



State Department Deputy Spokeshole Marie Harf raised more than eyebrows a few days ago when she completely misrepresented what President Obama said about ISIS.


http://garyfouse.blogspot.com/2014/09/marie-harfs-absurd-comments-on-cnn.html


Harf: "What the president said was that for a long time we have known about the serious threat of ISIL."

Here is what he really said.

"Our head of the intelligence community Jim Clapper has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria." 

So let us now go back to yesteryear and see what past presidents really said according to their spokesholes and aides.

Abraham Lincoln: "Four minutes and  seven seconds ago, they told me I had to give a speech, so I'll make this brief."

Calvin Coolidge: .....................................................................

Franklin Roosevelt: "Yesterday, December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was struck by a man-made disaster. I therefore request that Congress declare that as of yesterday, a state of war exists between the United States and man-made disasters." 

John F Kennedy in Philander, Germany: "Ich bin ein Philanderer."

Lyndon Johnson: "Therefore, I will not f****n' seek, nor will I f****n' accept the f****n' nomination to be your f****n' president."

Richard Nixon: "I am not a cook."

George HW Bush: "Read my lips. No new taxis."

Bill Clinton: "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
(In reality, he was directly speaking to Monica Lewinsky assuring her he did not have sex with  Paula Jones.)

It's all in Marie Harf's briefing book.










No comments: